Model # F7412900PC
Max Extract® Carpet Cleaner removes dirt and grime with pressurized cleaning and has heated drying for a fast dry time. Never rent a heavy machine again!
- DualV® Nozzle - Cleans surfaces quickly and evenly
- Automatic Detergent Mixing System - Provides the correct mix of detergent and water for optimal cleaning results
- SpinScrub® Brush Technology - Patented counter-rotating, removable brushes gently wash and scrub sealed wood, vinyl, tile and grout from all angles
- Dual Tank Technology - Separates clean and dirty water so you can easy fill, empty, and rinse
- Heat Activated Drying - Lifts and removes residual water from carpet fibers
- Powerful Reach - 20-foot cord extends room-to-room without the hassle of unplugging
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
- Accessories Included Tool Caddy Assembled Unit Depth 22 Assembled Unit Height 43 Assembled Unit Width 13 Auto Detergent Mix Yes Brush Speed Three - Speed Brush System Spin Scrub Brush Brushed Edge Cleaning Yes Clean Water Capacity 1 Cleaning Path 13 Cleaning Solutions Included 12 oz Clean Plus 2X Color Black Cord Length 20 Detergent Capacity 16 Dirty Water Capacity 1 Grip Type D-Shaped Handle Handle Material Plastic Heated Cleaning Yes Height Adjustment 3 Level Hose Length 8 Hose Type Blow Molded Stretch Motor Amps 12 Motor Volts 120 Onboard Tools Some Tools On Board Product Weight 27 Ready to Use Hose Yes Removable Brushes Yes Removable Nozzle Yes Safety Rated UL Suction Technology Dual V Tools Included SpinScrub Hand Tool,Upholstery Tool
Find support for Max Extract Carpet Cleaner
Model No. F7412900PC
Just below the lower cord hook on the back of the unit, the Max Extract has a small drainage port. This is the spot where any water that ends up underneath the clean water tank will drain out to avoid ending up on the motor. Some water may come out when the unit is first reclined because a little bit of water will end up on the shelf below the tank when it is placed on the unit. If water is continuously running out of this area, then the clean water tank is not sealing to the unit. First remove the clean water tank. Dry the bottom of the tank and the shelf with a towel. Then check the rubber piece (or pieces, some units have two of them) on the unit in the middle of the area where the tank sits. Have the customer pull up on it a little bit and make sure that it is not suctioning down. Then replace the tank and recline the handle to see if water runs out. You will see some water come out but the water should stop shortly after the handle is reclined. If water continues to run out, the unit will need to be taken into a service center.
- Q & A